If you are purchasing a new commercial combi oven from any manufacturer of your choice, there are a few things you should know.
#1 – Not all kitchens and installations are created equal. Find out before your purchase if your facility will need plumbing or electrical upgrades. We often run into situations where the ovens are already sold and then the end user customer is alerted of
charges they will incur to make the ‘site ready’ for install, such as electrical outlets needed, floor drains moved, water lines installed etc.
#2 – If you have existing equipment that needs to be uninstalled and removed, these charges are always additional and should be discussed with the certified installation company. (Malachy Parts & Service ???? ) We will need to coordinate truck(s) and additional manpower to be on site in order to remove existing equipment, load on truck and dispose of at the recycling center properly.
#3 – If you don’t perform regular maintenance from DAY ONE, you will not have a working combi oven very soon. Your staff will need to understand what they should be doing daily, from wiping down gaskets, running cleaning cycles with detergent and ensuring there is no user abuse like slamming doors. Lastly, you should set up a quarterly maintenance program with a certified company to run deep descales and cleanings, test voltages, gas pressures, change water filters and more.
When purchasing a commercial combi oven, it’s essential to ask the right questions to ensure you choose the right model for your specific needs. Here are some important questions to ask when purchasing a commercial combi oven:
1. What are my specific cooking needs? Determine the types of dishes you plan to cook, the volume of food you’ll be handling, and any specific cooking techniques or requirements you have. This will help you select a combi oven with the appropriate features and capacity.
2. What is the oven’s capacity? Ask about the oven’s capacity in terms of the number of trays or pans it can accommodate. Consider your production volume and space limitations to ensure the oven’s capacity aligns with your needs.
3. What cooking modes does the oven offer? Combi ovens typically offer different cooking modes, including steam, convection, and a combination of both. Inquire about the available modes and their flexibility, as well as any additional specialized cooking functions that may be relevant to your menu.
4. Is the oven programmable? Check if the oven has programmable features, such as pre-set cooking programs or the ability to save customized recipes. This can help streamline your cooking processes and ensure consistency.
5. How user-friendly is the oven’s interface? Inquire about the oven’s control panel and interface. Is it intuitive and easy to use? Does it have a clear display and user-friendly navigation? A user-friendly interface can save time and minimize the learning curve for your staff.
6. What is the oven’s energy source? Determine if the oven operates on gas or electric power. Consider factors such as energy efficiency, utility availability, and installation requirements for your kitchen.
7. What is the oven’s maintenance requirements? Ask about the maintenance needs of the combi oven, including cleaning procedures, descaling frequency, and any recommended servicing or parts replacement. Understanding the maintenance requirements will help you plan for ongoing upkeep.
8. Does the oven have any additional features or accessories? Inquire about any additional features or accessories that may enhance the oven’s functionality, such as integrated cleaning systems, automatic humidity control, or mobile connectivity for remote monitoring and control.
9. What is the warranty and after-sales support? Check the warranty coverage provided by the manufacturer and inquire about their after-sales support, including availability of spare parts and technical assistance. A reliable warranty and responsive support can provide peace of mind. #MalachyCares
10. Can I see demonstrations or get references? Request a demonstration of the oven’s features and capabilities, either in person or through online resources. Additionally, ask for references or customer testimonials to get feedback from other users of the specific combi oven model you’re considering.
Remember to consider your budget, kitchen space, and specific requirements when asking these questions. It’s also beneficial to consult with reputable suppliers or experts in the field to ensure you make an informed decision. It is NEVER recommended to use electricians, plumbers, handymen etc to perform installations or service on any combi oven manufacturer. You should ONLY work with factory authorized companies that have certified technicians that understand the equipment.